Cape Town and Johannesburg
Next JHB trip – TBC in May 2014 (contact us to book your appointment to avoid disappointment)
Why Choose Ian Burgess-Simpson Pianos
- SA’s largest piano specialist business
- 7 Steinway trained technicians
- High market credibility and national reputation (see our testimonials)
- Ian attended the internationally renowned Steinway Academy for Concert Technicians in Hamburg
- Ian is a Registered Piano Technician with the Piano Technicians Guild, Boston, USA, since passing their examinations in 1995
- Bishops, Elkanah House, Herschel, Rondebosch Boys, Rustenberg Girls, SACS, St Cyprians, Westerford, Western Province Prep…
- Baxter Concert Hall
- Brooklyn Theatre, Pretoria
- Cape Philharmonic Orchestra
- Hugo Lambrechts Music Centre
- KZN Philharmonic Orchestra – Durban
- Linder Auditorium – Johannesburg
- Rhodes University – Grahamstown
- South African College of Music – UCT
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Pretoria
- UNISA – Pretoria
- Professional pianists – Albie van Schalkwyk, Catherine Foxcroft, Charl du Plessis (Steinway Artist), Christopher Duigan (Steinway Artist), Francois du Toit, Franklin Larey, Jason Reolon, Jill Richards (Steinway Artist), Malcolm Nay…
The largest piano specialist in Cape Town & South Africa – piano sales, piano service, piano tuners, piano hire, piano rebuilding and authentic Steinway rebuilding.
The company has evolved to reach this position over the last 17 years and now has a staff of 23, with 7 Steinway trained technicians.
We do home and concert tuning, all repairs, cabinet refinishing and piano moving.
Retailers and distributors for Kawai, the prestigious Japanese brand of acoustic upright and grand pianos, digital pianos and keyboards.
Come and view our amazing showrooms with up to 25 new pianos and digital pianos, and 20 second hand pianos, including Classic Steinways.
The owner of the company,Ian Burgess-Simpson, is the only technician in the country to have attended The Steinway Academy for Concert Technicians in Hamburg. He trained under Steinway’s Chief Concert Technician for Europe and Asia, Georges Amman. Only a few candidates are accepted annually from around the world to attend The Steinway Academy.
Having successfully passed their examinations, Ian is also a Registered Piano Technician (RPT) with the American Piano Technicians Guild.
Working to these rigorous standards, we are dedicated to preserving a tradition of fine workmanship, discipline and detail in our craft.
With this level of expertise we rank with top international piano companies.
Only technicians who have passed the Guild examinations earn the title of Registered Piano Technician. Associate members of the Guild have no qualifications. Establish the status of any technician claiming membership of the PTG. You can also check their claim by visiting the Guild website.
Piano Technicians Guild – Registered Piano Technicians